Tuesday, September 28, 2004

AWA-X

I'd like to thank all the people who came out to see the shows. I didn't get to make it to Daryl Surat's PANEL OF DOOM or ANIME OFF THE BEATEN PATH or even Dave's DUBS THAT TIME FORGOT but I'm sure those rooms were packed to the fire exits. Daryl, Dave and Neil Nadelman's TOTALLY LAME ANIME was a hit, as usual. Mari Iijima signed autographs on the main stage and gave Dave Merrill a few moments to fine tune the playlist for JAPANESE ANIMATION HELL, and I hear that Ryan Gavigan did a four hour set for MIDNIGHT MADNESS. All in all, I enjoyed the shows that I watched and participated in and I hope you did too.

With any luck we'll have some con reports posted in the next couple of days. And I hope Surat finally gets a flight home....
-danno!

2 comments:

Daryl Surat said...

I did manage to finally get home a few hours ago. Big thanks to Elizabeth Christian for offering to let me crash at her and CB Smith's hotel room, and then for driving me all around Atlanta on Monday. Thanks also to CB for letting me hang out at his place and eat his food. You guys are lifesavers.

I'll try and have a convention report up soon.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you made it back, Daryl. I'll send those VCDs ASAP...
-danno!