Wednesday, January 19, 2005

JIVEMagazine.com - When I Saw Heino, I Knew I was in (Anime) Hell:

Adventures at Animazement 2004
Nice write up and name check from JIVEMagazine.com:

"I love Anime Hell. The name tends to fluctuate, but the content always remains the same: strange, bizarre, and occasionally grotesque videos. It’s less anime-centric than you’d think—after all, it’s during Anime Hell that I met my hero, a folksy (and incredibly deep-voiced) German singer named Heino. That said, they played a nice variety of clips this year, ranging from The Cartoon All-Stars (best cartoon crossover-slash-drug awareness video ever made) to cleanliness propaganda starring a large bar of soap that makes nighttime visits with an underage boy. Needless to say, time flies by and the videos, more often than not, are hilarious. Two clips in particular were especially pertinent to the whole “pirates versus ninjas” battle going on. While the first clip starred two ninjas, the second pitted those same ninjas against a group of drunken pirates. The question on everyone’s mind: Who would win in a ninja-pirate dance-off?"

5 comments:

d.merrill said...

Glad to see Phil is still packing them in at Animazement.

Unknown said...

Shoot me his e-mail so I can invite him to the collabrative group.
-d!

d.merrill said...

I don't have his email. Gavigan might, or maybe Spahr.

Unknown said...

Hey, is Phil the man I need to thank for that AnimeHELL compilation tape you sent me a few years ago? Great stuff on that tape...
-d!

GoofyRobo said...

Danno! fire me an email and I'll get you Phils contact info.