Friday, August 31, 2012

The Real Tuesday Weld



A couple of years ago, I took a copy of I, Lucifer over to the folks.

"Do you know who Tuesday Weld was?" my dad asked.

"She was an actress," I said.

He sighed. "That's very generous of you."

Nonetheless, for three months, The Real Tuesday Weld was my New Favorite Band. Part of this was because of their videos.

More...



As a Hans Richter fan, I was hooked.



This is what started it, really. I loved the beat and the visuals were fascinating.



Also, sequels.



The same artist returned for a cover of "Brazil", which is lovely.



This was their look and their sound. I dug it.



Shortly after that, they had a new artist. It was a new style, but I still enjoyed it.



Also, I love the music. Liking the videos was just the next step.



So here I am now, figuring out what I want played at my funeral, and figuring out what we're going to play at Dad's. Somehow, it all seems right.

No comments: